Year 6 2020 - 2021
6A Class Teacher: Miss McGeever
6B Class Teacher: Mr Fowler
Hello, Year 6!
We would like to welcome you back to school! It is lovely to have everyone together again. We can finally enjoy our English Martyrs' community once more.
Below, you will find attached our work plan for the Autumn term. You will also find knowledge organisers for our Science topics: 'Electricity' and 'Evolution and Inheritance' and the knowledge organiser for this term's theme: Evolving Britain.
If another lockdown occurs or during periods of isolation, please check this page for updates- messages and activities.
Miss McGeever and Mr Fowler
Year 6 Weekly Homework Expectations
1. New homework tasks will be uploaded every Tuesday and Friday.
2. Please complete tasks in your homework book.
3. Every second Monday, your homework books must be handed in.
4. Reading diaries must be signed every night to show that you are reading for 30 minutes daily. They should be handed in on a Monday and Friday to be signed by a teacher. We will check for daily signatures and the number of pages read (minimum 10 each day).
5. Learn weekly spellings and complete spelling tasks for the a weekly spelling test on Thursday.
6. There will be weekly computing tasks set every Friday that must be completed by Monday on Purple Mash.
7. Children must use TTRockstars frequently to improve their knowledge of the times tables.
8. There will be a weekly SPAG.COM task set every Friday that must be completed by Monday.
Learning at home- isolation and school closures
To aid anybody who is in a position where they must self-isolate, we will be providing our timetable for the week and some learning resources. These resources will enable your children to follow what we are doing in school whilst they are at home. This should help them to manage their time at home and also limit how much catching up they have to do once they can safely return to school.
Purple Mash Computing
We deliver our computing curriculum through a resource called Purple Mash. Your children can access their purple mash accounts from home, enabling them to access a variety of activities and resources to help them continue to develop their computing skills. To access Purple Mash, please use the link below.
Other Useful Websites