- The Children’s Hospital Emergency Department is incredibly busy – those who are not seriously ill will face very long waits to be seen and may need to go elsewhere for help.
- Remember, the Children’s Hospital Emergency Department can’t help with dental or eye issues. For an eye emergency, please attend the Midland Eye Centre at Dudley Road open 9am-7pm. NHS 111 can help with finding and accessing an Emergency Dentist
- There are things you can try before visiting, such as:
- View our ‘virtual consultations’ to hear our doctors’ advice on the most common reasons people come to the Emergency Department. Click here.
- Visit Healthier Together, a website recommended by our doctors, which has advice and resources for parents and young people. Click here.
- Visit 111 online (for children aged 5 and over) answer questions about your symptoms on the website and they will tell you what to do next.
- Take these simple steps to keep well this winter:
- Wash your hands regularly just like you did during the pandemic
- Get your flu jab and COVID-19 booster
Public Health – Children and Young People Team
It's a terrible time to lose a loved one- you can get help by calling 0121 6878010
Anawim- Birmingham Centre for Women
Free Helpline: 0800 019 8818]
Live chat: www.anawim.co.uk
For women from every background. For women today and tomorrow.
Problems with drugs or alcohol
A new, discrete app called 'STAYING FREE' is available on Android or Apple. Use the code 'birmingham11' for pre-paid access.