Home Page

Key Information

 I am delighted to share the brand new SEND Local Offer website video which has been created to promote the site and its resources.


The SEND Local Offer website includes information, advice, support and resources for SEND families, professionals, children, young people and schools in Birmingham....and we want more people to know that.

SEND Local Offer - Birmingham

Find out more at What A Wonderful Day by Shane Ivers -

SEND Report

From September 2014, all schools are expected to publish a document to help parents/carers of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) understand what services they and their families can expect from a range of local agencies.

It should help them understand how the system works, and how the local authority, local area and the school will support both the child and the family.

Details of this are included in our report below:


        My Care in Birmingham                                       

Visit the 'My Care' Website to find out more information about special needs in Birmingham.


In order to support the transition to the new service of Educational Health and Care Plans, a new Independent Support Service has been introduced. 

The IS service will work closely with the SEND Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) as well as other services from Education, Health and Social Care.

Indepent Supporters in Birmingham are provided through the Parent Carer Forum and will work closely with parents and young people to:

  • Help you to understand the referral process
  • Act as a named contact throughout the EHC process
  • Help you to liaise across all services involved in the plan
  • Provide information about personal budgets
  • Refer you to other appropriate services, mainly the IASS, where the issue is outside the scope of the IS

For general or first time enquiries to the Independent Support Service please phone 0121 303 5004,

or e-mail

 The Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)

This service was formerly called the Parent Partnership Service and has been developed to meet the requirements of the new SEND code of practice. SENDIASS ensures that parents, children and young people have easy access to comprehensive, quality and impartial advice to ensure that they are able to properly participate in all education, health and social care decisions.

For further information

Phone: 0121 303 5004