Home Page

As a learning community centred in Christ, we walk hand in hand with God on our journey in faith.

COVID Information For Parents

NHS -Recognising Coronavirus (COVID-19) Symptoms

COVID -19 Information for Parents

This page contains advice and links of what to do if you have been affected by the Coronavirus.

This website contains lots of information on what to do if Coronavirus has affected you financially:

If you’ve got less money because of coronavirus

You can check what help you can get if you can't pay your bills or are worried about being evicted. This includes things like your rent, mortgage, energy bills, council tax or court fines.

Getting benefits

You might be able to claim benefits or get more money if you’re already getting benefits. This includes any statutory sick pay (SSP) your employer might give you.

Check what benefits you can get.

If you’re already getting benefits, check if the government has made any changes to your benefits.

If you have no money for food

You might be able get help from a food bank. You’ll need to be referred to a food bank. If you have a referral, you’re still allowed to travel to a food bank - either for yourself or someone who’s vulnerable. 

Find out more about getting referred to a food bank.

Going to work 

The government has said you should only go to work if it’s ‘not reasonably possible’ for you to work from home.

If your employer tells you not to work because of coronavirus

If your place of work has shut down or there’s no work for you because of coronavirus, you can carry on getting paid. 

Your employer might use the government Coronavirus Job Retention scheme to pay you while there’s no work to do.

Find out how the scheme works.

If you’re off sick with coronavirus

If you’re employed and get coronavirus, you’ll get statutory sick pay (SSP) from the first day you're ill if you’re usually entitled to it.

You might get contractual sick pay as well as SSP. It’s worth checking your contract - your employer might have their own sickness policy.

You’ll need to get an ‘isolation note’ online if you’re sick for more than 7 days. This will prove to your employer you need to stay off work. You don’t need a note if you’re sick for less than 7 days.

You can get an ‘isolation note’ online to prove to your employer you need to stay off work. 

You can:

get an isolation note on the NHS website

get an isolation note on the NHS app

If you’re worried about going to work because of coronavirus

If you’re worried about having to go to work, there are things your employer should be doing to make sure you’re safe.

If you decide not to work, there might be ways to keep getting paid.

If you’re worried about working and you’re pregnant or disabled, there might be other things your employer has to do. 

Check what to do if you’re worried about working.

Useful Links

Citizens advice Birmingham

Advice with lots of things including housing, benefits and debt

Call 03444 77 1010 Monday-Friday 9:30-16:30

Emergency Community Support Hub:

Trussell Trust Food Bank


Council Housing advice

Legal advice available for free from Shelter

Legal Aid: 0344 515 1800

Legal advice: 0344 515 1800 


Local welfare provision

Applying for finances for a short-term crisis from Birmingham City Council:


Cash in a crisis from Shelter

Turn 2 Us


Turn2us is a national charity that helps people in financial hardship to gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services


0800 802 2000 Monday-Friday 8-18:30, Saturday 9:00-13:00

Benefits checker.

Use this tool to check that you are receiving the correct financial support.

Grants for White Goods (E.g. Fridge, Freezer, Washing Machine)


Mental Health

Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health (NHS)

Domestic Violence

In an emergency always ring 999.


Birmingham and Solihull Women’s Aid


Bharosa is a domestic abuse service for ethnic minority women


Phone: 0121 303 0368