As a learning community centred in Christ, we walk hand in hand with God on our journey in faith.
In year 5 we learn all about Australia.
- We learn about key settlements such as Canberra. We also learn about rivers and biomes.
- We learn about the physical aspects of Australia's geography such as:
- tropical rainforests
- We learn about the importance of Uluru and its importance to the Aboriginal people of Australia as a sacred site.
- We learn about the climate and how unreliable rainfall causes problems for people who depend on water for irrigation and farming.
- We use population maps to locate areas of dense population and settlements in Australia.
- We will consider physical geography of the country and use this knowledge to think about the position of major settlements in the country to show are they are linked.