As a learning community centred in Christ, we walk hand in hand with God on our journey in faith.
Key Message Re: Medical Services
- The Children’s Hospital Emergency Department is incredibly busy – those who are not seriously ill will face very long waits to be seen and may need to go elsewhere for help.
- Remember, the Children’s Hospital Emergency Department can’t help with dental or eye issues. For an eye emergency, please attend the Midland Eye Centre at Dudley Road open 9am-7pm. NHS 111 can help with finding and accessing an Emergency Dentist
- There are things you can try before visiting, such as:
- View our ‘virtual consultations’ to hear our doctors’ advice on the most common reasons people come to the Emergency Department. Click here.
- Visit Healthier Together, a website recommended by our doctors, which has advice and resources for parents and young people. Click here.
- Visit 111 online (for children aged 5 and over) answer questions about your symptoms on the website and they will tell you what to do next.
- Take these simple steps to keep well this winter:
- Wash your hands regularly just like you did during the pandemic
- Get your flu jab and COVID-19 booster
Public Health – Children and Young People Team